Photo

Good Things

Posted by LBinON , 22 August 2012 · 29 views

I thought I should have a list. A list of good things, things I like, things I am proud of, things that just make me smile. I figure it would be good to have, just to look at. Something to help me remember when I am screaming in anger or trembling in fear, that there are still good things out there, and, I do have my fair share of them.

 My daughter
 My boy friend
 A loving family
 I am standing up and saying NO
 I have great friends
 I took care of my dying mother
 The fact that the best hollandaise sauce my brother ever had was mine and I made it in a microwave
 That I can knit, crochet, embroider, crewel, cross-stitch, quilt, sew, and do most other needle crafts
 I can play the ukulele
 I can spell ukulele
 Skinny dipping
 American unsweetened ice tea
 My Kobo
 Reading
 Tom Lehrer tunes
 Sex
 The cherry bars my mom used to make and I have finally nailed the recipe for.
 Peach Torte
 The memory of the day my brother and I laughed ourselves silly in IKEA
 Ode to the Pope, #7) Racial Slurs, and other selected writings by S.Wm. B.
 Rose, Rose, I Love You as performed by Frankie Lane
 Rat hunting with straight pins
 First kisses
 Slow dances with a partner who can lead
 Burgundy Cherry ice cream
 “Knock on the door and it shall open unto you...” one of the most beautiful stained glass windows I have ever seen
 Old Neil Diamond tunes
 The Cottage
 Bright red shoes and yellow rubber boots
 Naked baby toes
 Bing Crosby movies
 Spell check

There are more, and I know I will probably add to this later, but this is a pretty good start. I know I’m smiling already.

Trigger Warning

:trigger:

This Blog contains real words, detailed descriptions, and raw content. Please be aware that some people may find certain elements disturbing or triggering. I urge you to be mindful of that fact, and proceed with caution :)

July 2014

S M T W T F S
6789 10 1112

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.