Photo

More On Camp

Posted by LBinON , 22 August 2012 · 70 views

Now that I have rambled on about the best part of camp I figure I should share a little of the not so good parts. Not that there were a lot of bad parts, in fact it was quite the opposite, but there were a few. The first night I was feeling a little edgy about being there and worried about how I was going to be able to handle everything, and that night I saw a shadow the wrong way, it was a tree, but when I saw that shadow out of the corner of my eye, I must have jumped a good two feet in the air, I screamed, and my breathing rate went in to hyper-drive.

I had a few nightmares each night but no screamers, and the sleeping pills helped a lot so that part went a lot better that I had worried about. Really most of the stuff I had worried over was non issues while I was there. The only real issue was the night I unexpectedly found myself alone at twilight looking ahead on the path into a solid wall of darkness caused by the trees overhead blocking the light. Now this would have been alright had I have had my flashlight but no, I hadnít thought that far ahead. So end result was a flash back of terror that had me hyperventilating and shaking for the better part of an hour. But even that past fairly quickly. So I did ok. All and all it went better than I feared. And other than those two incidences, and the side effect of too much adrenalin (meaning everything I could smell for most of the weekend was intensified), I think it went pretty well. After all whatís the smell of 1000 sweat socks between friends any way.

Trigger Warning

:trigger:

This Blog contains real words, detailed descriptions, and raw content. Please be aware that some people may find certain elements disturbing or triggering. I urge you to be mindful of that fact, and proceed with caution :)

June 2016

S M T W T F S
26272829 30   

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.