Photo

Cry If You Want To

Posted by LBinON , 12 August 2012 · 88 views

I was reading some of the new content listings on the forum and one of the topics I saw was about songs. What song do you think is a good one for where you are emotionally? And I started thinking, what is a good song. What is a song that speaks to where I am at? And frankly I drew a complete and utter blank.
I put it aside for while figuring that it wasn't really all that important and went back to looking at the forum. The next topic that jumped out at me was from someone who just can't seem to cry.
Now for me this is kind of an abstract notion. I cry, a lot. I always have. Itís like my tear ducts are hard wired into my emotions and every time I have any kind of intense emotion there I go. I mean it, I cry in movies, when I am angry, at Christmas commercials, when I am happy, heck, I still cry if I watch lassie Come Home.
And I never knew how fortunate I was. I can't imagine not being able to have that release. To have a safe way to start dealing with the excess of emotion. I was floored by this member, and what was even more staggering to me, was how many others mentioned they have similar problems with crying.
So now I am really thinking about crying, not doing it for a change, but really thinking about it. I started to realize a couple of thing. I realized that I am lucky I can cry when ever I need to, and, that I have been blessed to have people to cry with.
I remember the year I lost my son and my brother was there. He gave me the album Don't Smoke in Bed by Holly Cole and said to me "be careful". And when I asked him what he meant, he said, "I just don't want you to sit and cry by yourself too much". I had owned the record years before, and back then I played the song Cry over and over. For me it was the perfect break-up tune. Now it had changed for me. It meant that even though my world had collapsed around me there were still people who loved me, and wanted to do what they could to help, even if it was just to be there and let me cry.
So as I am sitting here thinking about crying and having people to do it with, I suddenly realize that Cry is the song that speaks to me.
That the people here at Pandy's, are people you can cry with, or laugh, or joke, or celebrate with. That I have been gifted with even more people I can cry with. People that understand where I am coming from, and are trying to get to the same kind of place I a reaching for. And it occurs to me that maybe Cry is a song that not only works for me, but works for Pandy's as a whole.
I know that not every one will have heard this beautiful song, that why it means so much to me will be lost on some people, but I hope you take the time to read the lyrics below and I hope when you need it, you have someone you can cry with.

Cry by Jef Scott,

Cry if you want to
I won't tell you not to.
I won't try to cheer you up,
I'll just be here If you want me.

It's no use in keeping a stiff upper lip,
You can weep, you can sleep
You can loosen your grip.
You can frown, you can drown
And go down with the ship.
You can cry if you want to.

Don't ever apologise venting your pain,
Its something to me you don't need to explain.
I don't need to know why,
I don't think it's insane.

The windows are closed,
The neighbours aren't home,
If it's better with me than to do it alone,
I'll draw all the curtains,
And unplug the phone

You can stare at the ceiling,
And tear at your hair,
Swallow your feelings,
And stagger and swear.
You can show things and throw things
And I wouldn't care.

I won't make fun of you.
I won't tell anyone.
I won't analyze what you do
Or you should have done.
I won't advise you to go and have fun.

Well it's empty and ugly
And terribly sad.
I can't feel what you feel,
But I know it feels bad.
I know that it's real
And it makes you so mad.
You can cry.

Cry if you want to,
I won't tell you not to.
I won't try to cheer you up.
I'll just be here if you want me to be near you.

Trigger Warning

:trigger:

This Blog contains real words, detailed descriptions, and raw content. Please be aware that some people may find certain elements disturbing or triggering. I urge you to be mindful of that fact, and proceed with caution :)

June 2016

S M T W T F S
262728 29 30  

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.