Photo

My Story ~ Part 1

Posted by justlisten , 07 August 2012 · 14 views

I want to at least try to get part of my story down. I was thinking about it last night, and I want to see if I can do it. *warning, may trigger*
To really tell my story, I have to start at the beginning. I was born with a rare liver condition called Glycogen Storage Disease 1A. In non-medical terms, this means that without food in my body I will go hypoglycemic and seizure, go into a coma, or even die.
When I was 9, my older cousin began to abuse me. Things in my life weren't going great, I was detatched from my other cousin (And close friend) and my grandma was dealing with health problems we would later figure out was cancer. I turned to my cousin (Let's just call him L) for comfort and friendship.
It was early spring the first time it happened. We were outside, in a shed not far from my grandparents house. He asked me if I wanted to play a game, and I said yes. he told me to pull down my pants and let him touch me. I, unaware and craving love and attention, did it.
It happened again after that, each time L became more and more aggresive. The next time, he made me touch him. The time after that, he gave me oral sex. There was a time when he made me undress in front of him. He made me give him oral sex. The last time - nearly 2 years later - after touching me, he raped me.
After that, I became very depressed. I suffered from PTSD, DID, an ED (eating disorder) and SI (self injury)
When I was 11, I went into a coma. I turned off my life saving medical equipment in the middle of the night. I can't remember if I was trying to kill myself.
When I was 12, I told someone from my church. She had gone through the same thing I had, and I thought she would understand. She called Social Services.
They never pressed charges, never asked me if I wanted to press charges. I was almost 13 by this point. They never placed a restraining order against him. He is in my family, and I am currently forced to see him every week.

August 2014

S M T W T F S
      1 2

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.