dreamgirl's Blog

Photo

Posted by dreamgirl , 31 August 2012 · 166 views

Source: Swinging in and out of doubt

Photo

After it started getting harder

Posted by dreamgirl , 28 August 2012 · 72 views

Each session with my T seems to take me a little further, a bit deeper, gets me to 'feel' some of what happened back before or how I 'feel' now about what happened then and I come home to the aftermath each time. Usually my teen is at home so the journey back from my session is one of tears or tearless sobbing while I try to pull myself t...

Photo

This is getting harder

Posted by dreamgirl , 26 August 2012 · 73 views

Iíve had moments when it seemed I was owning some of my past and they felt like real breakthroughs. Then I reverted to doubt and minimising again Ė and again.
This last couple of weeks it feels different. And my T sees a change in me, in how Iím coping, reacting, responding.
My closest friends have been like scaffolding holding me up in the early stages...

Photo

Weird dreams - read carefully if liable to triggers

Posted by dreamgirl , 14 August 2012 · 173 views

OK - so here goes for one of the weirdest dreams in a while. I don't usually share dreams, or at least only with closest friend. Writing it here is new for me so may not flow easily but after the response to what I wrote yesterday and the way this week is going I'm willing to try this and see where it goes!

Yesterday in my blog I talked abo...

Photo

Damn it I want to feel but not like this - possible triggers (touch/emotions)

Posted by dreamgirl , 13 August 2012 · 102 views

I haven't written for ages - haven't felt able to - no words - no feelings most of the time.

Then this weekend. Saw my therapist on Saturday and we talked through so much, but what has really hit me and I think tapped into my own emotions again at last - his emotional response. How do I explain this?

I was describing something from life with m...

Photo

Food

Posted by dreamgirl , 07 August 2012 · 68 views

May trigger for some so please be careful

Does anyone have a problem with certain foods or any foods causing triggers/flashbacks?

I started struggling with facing certain foods, initially it was just bananas, then sausages, you can see a pattern emerging - without having flashbacks or images in my head of my ex.

The problem is its always that certain...

Photo

Talking? Writing? Posting blogs? may need trigger warning

Posted by dreamgirl , 05 August 2012 · 93 views

I don't know if I can do this.

I'm sorry if this collapses and I back out.

This is a lifetime of shyness, awkwardness, embarrassment, shame, inability to talk openly about something I have always believed should be seen as normal, healthy, positive.

Yet I live in an on-going prison of silence. I freeze, I get overcome by anxiety, panic, just c...

Photo

Posted by dreamgirl , 03 August 2012 · 71 views

OK so I have started to comment on posts I never would have thought I'd have the nerve to read let alone add to. Still very warily and without much personal detail but as much as I can cope with.

What amazes me is the terrific encouragement and affirmation I've had from folk on two threads in particular - so gentle but totally with me despite me...

Photo

I want to feel safe

Posted by dreamgirl , 31 July 2012 · 63 views

I have a close friend. She will always speak her mind and I respect her for that - know that I will always know where I stand with her. Except now she has decided in her wisdom that what I am dealing with now is long after my divorce from the guy that did the harm and that I have gone through hell recovering from the break up of the marriage so now is t...

Photo

Empty but full

Posted by dreamgirl , 29 July 2012 · 61 views

Every now and then, just for a few moments I get a sense of apprehension and nerves as I face the second half of my two weeks without my therapist. That sounds so self-pitying and self-absorbed.

I have surprised myself at how much I feel I need that time with him. I am realistic enough to recognise that my therapist is still just a human, and he is qui...

August 2015

S M T W T F S
2 345678

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.