Photo

Why do I even have to deal with this?

Posted by thisisjay , in Family 25 August 2012 · 110 views

My mother is one of the most infuriating people I know. She has a lot of issues. The one that's bugging me tonight is that she just does not want to deal with conflict. She took her car to an auto shop to get a few little things repaired today. One of the things that needed fixed was her driver's side light bulb. It went out and she bought a new one and had the auto guy to put it in. He didn't. She just checked her headlights even though my grandmother and I both told her to check them earlier. She's having a fit now. She's going on and on about it. She's just about hysterical. I'm not even kidding. She went on about it repeating herself, as she often does, several times for about an hour before she left to go to her sister's so that she could talk to her about it. My grandmother and I both told her she should just go to the guys house tomorrow and ask him to put it in. He doesn't opperate the shop out of his garage or anything and he's not open on Sunday's but everybody in town knows this guy. She's known him for years. I figure it was just an honest mistake, he put in the wrong side or forgot, and he'd be willing to correct that for her right away. It's not like it's a major problem that will take forever and serious tools to do. It'll take him what 20 minutes, if that, out of his day. It's against the law to drive at night without a driver's side headlight, so this is an inconvience. I don't really have time to go to his shop Monday and she has to work. Problem is my mother hates dealing with conflict so much that she doesn't want to do this. She doesn't even want to tell him period. She wants to just by another bulb and have someone else to put it in. WTF!? She's saying he doesn't have to fix this for her. Yes, he does. He screwed it up. He runs a business. Tell him to fix it. I don't see what the problem is. She doesn't have to be mean about it, just firm. Problem is my mother isn't firm. She likes to wobble and give people the room to screw her over. She always lets people walk all over her, even if they don't meant to do it. She's always so uncertain when she speaks. She leaves everything open like a question. She doesn't know how to talk to people. She's said this herself on many occasions. It just irritates me so much that she'll go on and on about something for hours somtimes even days and then she won't do anything about it. This is what she always does. This is just the most recent example. I'm just so angry that I always have to listen to her go on and on about something she doesn't even want to do anything about. Then she'll get all mad and screachy if I try and tell her I don't want to hear it and takes it out on me. Then she'll just ignore me and keep talking. I shouldn't have to deal with this all the time. I'm going to have to be the one who deals with this because I know she won't. I'm just so sick of having to take care of her. She is supposed to be the parent. Why do I have to be the responsible one? Why am I expected to sit here and listen to her problems over and over when she can never stand to listen to mine even once?

Trigger Warning

I am not censoring anything I say in this blog so please be careful when you read it.

July 2016

S M T W T F S
242526 27 282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.