Photo

conversation with myself: a chance to change

Posted by survadvo , 04 July 2014 · 102 views

Okay

I cam feel another downward cycle. Therapy of 8 months is finished. I've taken myself off meds as Side effects were making me Ill.

I think my low mood is to do with coming off meds abruptly as well as being ill recently and my others halts family wishing I had cancer and would die ( their words and a long story)

Well I'm feeling pretty scared to leave the house. I don't want company. I'm jumpy and hypervigilent. I'm angry and irritable. I want to be on my own but I'm scared to be on my own. I feel lost and scared.

So I've accepted how I feel. No pretending to be fine!!

I admit it.... I feel like crap!

I've told my boyfriend and my best friend ( of course with the mood I'm in they are useless)

I've got a choice are the messages telling me bad things too strong? Do I need to make myself safe?

No I don't think I'm going to act on any negative thoughts

So what can I do to make myself feel better?

Be kind to myself and put myself first

How you gonna do that huh?

I'm going to....
- Have a bath
- Go home and do some housework
- Stay away from alcohol
- Write a to do list
- Take some anti anxiety medication and get an early night

Emotionally I'm going to...
- Remember this feeling is temporary
- Make a realistic plan
- Take an evening just for me
- Accept the anger and fear and remind myself it will change

It's okay to be 'selfish' if that's what you call it. It's okay to put myself first

Sorry you are feeling this way, but :) yes, it is definitely ok to put yourself first. I hope you enjoy/relax

sorry things feel bad right now but good on you for taking steps to help it get better. Nothing at all selfish about that.

sorry things feel bad right now but good on you for taking steps to help it get better. Nothing at all selfish about that.

thank you for your kind words and yes putting myself first is a good thing as if i am okay then i can be there for others :)

Sorry you are feeling this way, but smile.png yes, it is definitely ok to put yourself first. I hope you enjoy/relax

thank you for your message ... yes i have manged to relax and put myself first and i feel better for it, thank you 

February 2016

S M T W T F S
 12345 6

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.