Photo

Posted by survadvo , 24 June 2012 · 25 views

Last night I had a fantastic evening raising money for charity but after the event was over some of us decided to go into town for drinks. I'm on medication so shouldn't have been drinking but after a few I felt great so thought what's the harm. I ended up getting quite merry and I had a man grab my bum. I freaked out completely. He left straight away which was fine but I was shaken up. One of the people I was with said to me "don't moan to me you were talking to him" this really upset me. I was thinking 'I was only talking to him!'. So becuase I had a drink and becuase I was upset I ended up telling these complete strangers that I had been raped, I told them amount of times and the who the perp was. I'm so embarrassed ! I know that the events are very fresh on my mind atm but what an inappropiate thing to say to strangers ! They were amazing and looked after me and gave me hugs, invited me back to their house for a drink etc. Now I can't help thinking that are some complete strangers in my home town who will most prob remember me and know my story :( I feel so stupid and embarrassed and although they were amazingly supportive I feel that I've ruined my own night :( :( :( why am I so very stupid !!!!

I feel like rape is ruling my life at the moment :( :(

Source: embarrassed

decided to see "telling people" in a healing way, so what if they know; what have i done wrong ? ok in certain social situations it isnt the most appropriate conversation topic, but i managed to talk about it and let people support me in real life ! i got it off my chest with some amazing people ! who because they wernt emtionally involved were there just for me, they didnt see me as a victim they saw me as being vulnerable and thats what i am at the moment !

note to self : its ok to be vulnerable
You're not stupid at all survadvo. I can understand the way you feel, and have done similar things myself at times. Don't be too hard on yourself, it's not your fault what happened to you. Sending you positive energy and hugs if ok :hug:

You're not stupid at all survadvo. I can understand the way you feel, and have done similar things myself at times. Don't be too hard on yourself, it's not your fault what happened to you. Sending you positive energy and hugs if ok :hug:

thank you for the hugs and positive energy ! yea i think thats a good way of thinking about it, i didnt make that event happen, il put it onto the "hate" list for my perp, much easier to deal with haha

:hug: back
note to self : its ok to be vulnerable

Can I please borrow this?! I need to remind myself too!

Dreamgirl

note to self : its ok to be vulnerable Can I please borrow this?! I need to remind myself too!Dreamgirl

welcome too ! hope your okay x

August 2014

S M T W T F S
171819202122 23

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.