Photo

Live for this moment right here

Posted by tpatt2008 , 28 June 2012 · 15 views

Today is the kind of day I now live for.
Nothing all that special has happened, but I feel good. I feel like I'm doing something right. I'm getting stuff done. I'm not heavy or emotional. I got out of bed this morning and didn't feel like I was shackled to the covers. I'm happy to talk to people. Not sulking alone, or desperate for attention. Content.

These are the moments I now live for.

Took almost 5 weeks, but today is a very good day. I'm hoping to start having more of these. The longest stretch I've had so far was maybe about a week, maybe two. But, honestly, I was too busy to really care about anything.
The trick? Keep myself busy. And avoid, at all costs, emotional situations. I.e. talking to my mother and thinking about my (ex) bf deploying. I am banishing these thoughts and I am going to enjoy my coworkers, the new people I'm meeting, my class, the stuff I'm accomplishing, the new guy who likes me, my best friend (who is also my ex but for the purposes of getting better, he will be just my best friend who I love very deeply. I am okay with this). Yes, today is good. Tomorrow will be too. And the next days after that.

*fingers crosses* (and eyes, toes and arms too)

Hey this is terrific. Hold onto these good days.

I'm really happy for you - this is precious.

July 2014

S M T W T F S
678910 11 12

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.