Photo

All alone

Posted by lmvjohnson , 04 July 2014 · 155 views

My husband is away on business and my kids are asleep. Why do I find it so hard being alone. My relationship with my husband has been rocky for four years, so why can I not revel in the freedom of some time to myself. Why does my mind take over and transport me back, to the events that changed me forever. The ones that can still bring a tear to my eye, make me shy away from people, feel introverted and alone or just feel nothing just sit and watch the movie replay over and over again. I don't want this life for myself and yet when I realise I'm going to have another episode I make it worse, I watch movies that trigger me, read books I know will tear me up inside, visit dangerous areas I should stay away from. Why, just to prove I am worthless? To prove him right all along?

:( I am sorry you struggle with being alone. I have only been married to my husband for four years, but, it has been rocky since the beginning. 

Sitting with you

Thanks guys, made it through the night, a few tears shed but not too bad

June 2016

S M T W T F S
262728 29 30  

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.