Photo

I read, and I want to reply but..............

Posted by SFP , 20 March 2012 · 6 views

I read, and my heart breaks. I am so filled with compassion when I read of the atrocities and the struggles. I personally know of both the atrocities and the struggles. I know what it's like to be a child and suffer at the hands of a male, which brings me to the reason of my title.
I want to reply but I don't. I want to express my heartfelt sorrow that I have, but I don't. I would like to share my perspective but I don't, because even though I may feel a common ground to some, the fact is I am a male. Much of what I have read is by women who have suffered at the hands of a male. I have not replied for this exact reason.
I digress for a moment. I have replied to a few, but did not express what I would have liked to express.
Anyways I question if maybe I shouldn't be here, being a male. I have read "who belongs here" before I was even considering about becoming a member but I don't see that being relevant to why I don't reply and maybe why I shouldn't be here.
I also know there is a forum for men, but being a survivor because of male predator, well, need I say more?
I guess the point of this is, I don't want to be a trigger, I don't want to offend anyone by just being a male and expressing my heartfelt emotion.
My T said to me that I am here for me and I can't control someones trigger, that maybe I should express myself as I have and put it out there, so here I am.
I am so wanting to delete this as I have with so many other posts that I have written. So I fight the urge as I hit publish....................

October 2014

S M T W T F S
26272829 30 31 

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.