Welcome to Pandora's Aquarium, a rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivor message board and chat room.
If you've been a victim of any type of sexual violence, you belong here. What you see below represents just a fraction of the resources and survivor support available. Register now to join our community and take full advantage of what this online support group has to offer you as you heal and recover, or sign in to remove this message.
You are not alone, we can support you as you heal, and you've made an important step toward recovery by reaching out. If you are unable to register or have any questions, please contact the staff or view our home page.
The scariest parts of this are:
1) My mother's reaction. I've been worried that without my grandpa she might kill herself. She's tried several times before. And if she doesn't do that, whether or not she'll binge on alcohol or drugs. That seems like it's not even a question. She will, just to what extent, I don't know.
2) What to say to my mother. I haven't talked to her, I haven't sent her anything. It sounds awful but I can't call her, I have no idea what to say. We don't talk.
3) Flying back to my home town. I hate it there. I hate the city and I hate my life there. Every time I return I come back a total mess. I want to be there for my siblings though.
4) Seeing my stepfather at the funeral. I haven't seen him in over 10 years. I'm currently going through therapy in part because of the sexual abuse he inflicted. My mother doesn't know about that as far as I know. And even if she does, I don't think she cares. He'll be there.
5) Saying goodbye to my grandpa. I love him so much. That will be hard.
6) Screwing up my school semester. Going back home will throw me for a total loop. I am almost certainly going to suffer in grades and maybe even my ability to do the work.
So, yeah. This is the nightmare I have been avoiding. But at least I don't have to wait anymore.. :unsure:/>