Photo

Hate Hate Hate menopause

Posted by DTC40 , 22 April 2013 · 53 views

No sleep and pain in areas of my body that causes flashbacks and memories. It seems when the good things finally get into my life and I am starting over in a new place and happy, the full force of menopause hits me. I have been going through this mildly for about a year and in the past three weeks it is like my body has decided to hate me. No sleep even with over the counter Tylenol PM, I have used this once before and it knocked me out like a light with only one. This time I took two and still have had no sleep. I can not think or function clearly. My brain is like some fuzzy fog all of the time now. When I do fall asleep it is nightmares and crazy dreams.

it really sounds like you're having a terrible time; isn't there something you can take to ease the symptoms? have you talked to your doctor about that? You can try some warm tea the ones that help sleep .. ??
I so know what you are going through. I was told my breakdown and failing health kicked me into early menopause. It was rough going for me as I have a clotting disorder and on blood thinners so I did not have the option of hormone replacement therapy.

For me the worst was the hot flashes. They happened anytime and anywhere. I hated every minute of it.

I also experience this creepy leg feeling at night while trying to sleep. I don't know how to describe how that felt but it was quite disturbing. What finally helped me sleep was my Doctor prescribed Amitriptylin. It is my off switch for sleeping. It is an old antidepressant with pain relief med. You might talk to your Doctor about your options.

Take good care of you.
Laura and bellachai:
Thank you so much for you suggestions and support. I appreciate it very much. I see a therapist here for the first time on the 5th of this month and I can not remember the date I see my Psychiatrist here for the first time sometime this month. I do not have a medical doctor yet here I can not afford to go to one yet. I have applied for state assistance but have heard nothing yet. It is like running in circles living in the big city, or I should say big city for me. I never knew it would be so hard to get help while getting back on your feet in a new city. They do offer two meals a day at the Salvation Army. I was able to pay the bills with my child support and alimony and have just enough left for gasoline to look for jobs, pay my fees to see the therapist and psychologist and pay for my meds. There is no money for food so I can at least make sure the kids get two good meals a day. Just to get temporary assistance for food at a food bank is an all day thing which takes away from you time looking for work. It is like running in circles hoping things get better.
DTC

August 2014

S M T W T F S
1718192021 22 23

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.