Photo

Service Dog

Posted by DTC40 , 31 January 2012 · 26 views

I lost my service dog on October 13th. It was hard loosing her. I thought that I would never get another service dog. She told me before I had grandmal seizures. She was my constant friend for years.

Today I gave in and met another service dog. I need help walking due to the bone cancer. The dog they gave me will tell me before seizures and also help me with walking and balance. She is a Great Pyrenese. She is solid white and her name is Sasha.

I never thought I could ever stand to have another dog. However, the docs convienced me just to go and meet her. It was love at first sight. She immediately came to my side and stood there, like come on lets go home.

DTC

Photo
implied_descent
Jan 31 2012 03:58 PM
I'm sorry for your lost but am also very excited about your instant connection with your new service dog!
Animals and humans have so much to offer each other, it's a beautiful bond when treated respectfully.
Awe! I'm a sucker for animals, can't imagine not having one in my life. I'm glad you took the risk and went to meet her. I hope she's able to help you :dancingbunny:
I have a service animal, and I have no shame in saying he is my best friend. The bond is one that is undescribale. He knows when I am upset or sad (even though thats not what he was trained for) and if I have to leave him at home he sits and stares out the window for hours.

I am so sorry for your loss of your friend.
Photo
MaybeJoleisa
Feb 02 2012 12:53 AM
I am so glad she was able to convince you to let her into your life. :) I have the most amazing dog, he is not in any way formally trained as a service dog, but he is my best friend, so I think I can understand a piece of how you feel-- I would feel very odd about "replacing" my little guy but at the same time, now that I'm used to that kind of companionship I can't imagine living without it.

July 2014

S M T W T F S
272829 30 31  

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.