iiithrive's Blog

Photo

Project Unbreakable

Posted by iiithrive , 19 March 2012 · 30 views

projectunbreakable.tumblr.com/

2 days ago I met with Grace to be photographed for "Project Unbreakable". I've been trying to meet with her for weeks because it was important to me. I wanted to be a part of a project that gave me a "voice". Literally the day I was suppose to meet with her I was very unprepared - I just didn't know...

Photo

Foster Parents

Posted by iiithrive , 07 March 2012 · 31 views

I've been volunteering as a cofacilitator at CCAN and it's been very interesting being on the other side. Instead of being the victim I'm getting the chance to relate and empathize and use my knowledge of child abuse with the children. Yesterday I was rushing and as I was pulling up into the parking lot I saw two of my little girls with huge s...

Photo

My Birthday

Posted by iiithrive , 15 February 2012 · 27 views

Dear Pandy Family,

Today I turned 32 years old. So far not to shabby of a morning :)
Currently I am thinking about on how to raise money for the 3rd Annual Child Abuse Prevention Program (CAPP) Safe Kids 5k walk/run I will be doing on April 28, 2012 at Prospect Park in Brooklyn.

I am trying to raise money for this organization because they have existe...

Photo

From: 10 Things About Me that Have Nothing to Do with my SA

Posted by iiithrive , 05 February 2012 · 42 views

1. I love the water. Mostly any form - sprinklers, showers, oceans, lakes, pools, etc.
2. I love to travel.
3. I love trying new things that are considered to be under the "adventure" category
4. I love being in the sky
5. I love talking to people
6. I love reading
7. I love dogs
8. I love sitting in the backseat of a car
9. I love unique pieces of jewelry
10. I love my scarves and hats

Source: 10 Things About Me that Have Nothing to Do with my...

Photo

Unbreakable Project

Posted by iiithrive , 29 January 2012 · 20 views

Yesterday I came across an interesting project called Unbreakable Project. I emailed Grace and I'm hoping to hear from her soon. In the meantime I would like to spread the word b/c "sharing is caring".

Description as taken from her site : http://projectunbreakable.tumblr.com/

This project was created in October of 2011 by Grace Brown. Grace...

Photo

Freightening experience

Posted by iiithrive , 22 January 2012 · 28 views

Yesterday I had a rough day. My mother was lying in my arms on the kitchen floor crying. She was walking from her room to the bathroom and out of nowhere she had a dizzy spell. I heard my name but it was faint. I just dismissed it as a part of the background noise that usually goes on in my home. My full attention was on my son. He was explaining to me ab...

Photo

I am determined

Posted by iiithrive , 11 January 2012 · 23 views

I became a member awhile back but never used all the functions. I am an avid fb user and for some reason it is hard for me to accept change. But I want this change. I want to transition to an area that is more private. Although I know no one in here personally, I know I am amongst others who have felt pure heartache and pain. Pandora's resembles a saf...

July 2016

S M T W T F S
2425 26 27282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.