Monsters come out at night....

Photo

It's been awhile....

Posted by ButtercupPr , 15 June 2016 · 35 views

Oh my it's been a long time since I've posted or even checked in here. Last I wrote I was really struggling. It has forever been difficult to play the game society has asked me to play. The game where I had to pretend that nothing happened. To pretend that he never laid a hand on me. To hand my children over to a person who terrified me but to prete...

Photo

Letters to my children Part 3

Posted by ButtercupPr , 21 January 2013 · 35 views

This has been the week where I was to write letters to my children then bring them to my therapist. We planned to look them over and decide what I should tell them. Last weekend I wanted them to know everything. Every little detail; the sexual abuse, the emotional abuse, and the barrage of law suits.

When my children left it was a Friday, it was...

Photo

Letters to my children Part 2

Posted by ButtercupPr , 18 January 2013 · 37 views

It's been a few days since I got the papers and a few days since I had the chat with my daughter. The chat where she told me she didn't want to do what wasn't "fair for dad". I had a hard time with that statement because I don't think "fair for mom" has entered her or her brother's minds. But I know that they protect...

Photo

Letters to my children... Part 1

Posted by ButtercupPr , 14 January 2013 · 71 views

My ex-husband has served me with legal papers for the umpteenth time. He doesn't want to pay child support . He has NEVER wanted to pay child support. I realize that this is not an uncommon problem. To be honest... If he would go away... Leave me alone... Leave our children alone... I would be okay. But that's not the case. He wants me t...

Photo

The End is Near

Posted by ButtercupPr , 13 January 2013 · 34 views

I really do give myself credit... I am an AMAZING person.. a fighter, strong, compassionate, loving, moral. I know these things about myself. But a person can only do so much, take so much before they reach a limit. I am at my limit.
I was married for 10 years to an abuser. I was naive and knew little about the ways of the world. We fell in love,...

Photo

Becoming enlightened.....

Posted by ButtercupPr , 06 January 2013 · 77 views

I am in CONSTANT struggle... Who is my ally; who is not my ally? Occasionally I step outside of my comfort zone and reveal a teeny part of myself to test the water. That happened this week.... A meme/photo came up on Facebook. "My rapist doesn't know he's a rapist" read the sign. A beautiful young woman in her 20s held the sign along...

Photo

Becoming enlightened.....

Posted by ButtercupPr , 06 January 2013 · 40 views

I am in CONSTANT struggle... Who is my ally; who is not my ally? Occasionally I step outside of my comfort zone and reveal a teeny part of myself to test the water. That happened this week.... A meme/photo came up on Facebook. "My rapist doesn't know he's a rapist" read the sign. A beautiful young woman in her 20s held the sign along...

Photo

Friendships

Posted by ButtercupPr , 19 December 2012 · 26 views

The blessing in all of my madness is self discovery. The last month or two have been a whirlwind of hurt. I am a mother of 4 amazing children 3 of whom I share with my ex-husband. The younger 2 of the 3 are very involved in extra curricular activities which require a lot of my time. Of course my ex is also involved. For some this wouldn't be an i...

Photo

Well, therapy is fun.

Posted by ButtercupPr , 30 May 2012 · 35 views

As I stated in a previous post I recently sought out a therapist. Things were rough for me emotionally and it seemed like a good idea. Now that I have managed to tuck everything safely back inside I find myself wondering what I was thinking.

Just today she reacquainted me with the story of Demeter and Persephone . I love, love, love the name Persephon...

Photo

They are coming.....

Posted by ButtercupPr , 28 May 2012 · 29 views

The wild and crazy events of the last few months brought me to a breaking point. I was honestly in a place where I was afraid of doing/saying something I would regret. I teach school.... so, in the current climate I was really concerned.

My husband and I were at a breaking point (literally) and I went online in search of a therapist. I screened a bu...

July 2016

S M T W T F S
24 252627282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.