Photo

Procrastination vs Agrophobia

Posted by squinky , 10 October 2011 · 45 views

OK, so I think I'm the queen of putting things off. I can get up, have a shower and put on make up but then I trail off and find silly little jobs to do before going out, or want to watch a certain program...I then think 'Ok after this I will go out...ok maybe after the next one'.

1 hour turns into 3 and then have to force myself to go out and do what I have to do. I wouldnt mind but I can't order the art supplies I need off the net! Facing the Outside Scary People can be just too much sometimes. Even answering the door used to be too much, though haven't felt that way in a long time.

I am getting better and it's becoming less and less but I do still put off going outside when am having a bad day.

I know that nothing bad is going to happen when I am outside and with breathing control techniques I can usually stave off a panic attack, just wish I didnt feel this way!

It will get better, and I am getting better, it's just taking some time!

Squinky,

Hi Squinky I’m glad to meet you! I'm new here as of yesterday! I have been hiding in my house scared for the last 2 weeks. I have had to miss work and then feel guilty for letting work, family, and responsibilities go because I'm in this uncontrollable stage of crying all the time, can't control how deep and dark I feel any longer. I've hid behind a smile all my life and over the last year I haven't been able to do that anymore. It's exhausting! I finally got the courage this morning to call a counselor and I'm hoping that they can get me in ASAP...but part of me is terrified to go and open up...after all I've been trained since I was in diapers to keep secrets and have never known any other way of living! I’m afraid that opening up to someone will make me lose my mind. I'm tired of it all. I'm tired of it controlling my life. I'm tired of feeling like a scared little kid all the time!

May I ask how long you have been battling this and if you have suggestions to a newbie to Pandora’s Aquarium? It feels so weird finding this website and knowing that there ARE OTHERS out there that have went through this!!!!

Sincerely,
selaine

October 2014

S M T W T F S
2627282930 31  

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.