Photo

Oh dairy intolerance, how I love you...NOT!

Posted by broken.in.silence. , 20 October 2011 · 64 views

Today, for the first time in four years I decided to have a smoothie with my friend. Due to my chronic illness, I developed a small dairy intolerance. It normally doesn't affect me, unless I have an excessive amount of dairy in my system at one time -- eating only cheese, drinking milk, etc. A few hours after I drank the smoothie, I realized why I haven't had one in four years. I became very sick very fast and ended up having to miss pumpkin carving with an organization I'm in and my boyfriend. He understands why I couldn't go, but he was still bummed out that I wasn't there with him, and I'm sad that I didn't get to go too. I was really looking forward to going and then I was stupid and spaced of something that has a huge impact on my life. *sigh*

Photo
JacquiLeigh
Oct 21 2011 03:40 AM
I can relate with the lactose intolerance. :toomuch: Your tummy gets all messed up, in every possible way. Yuck! Usually for me, it means laying on the couch for a day. Sorry you have that too. :(

June 2016

S M T W T F S
2627 28 2930  

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.