Photo

Telling My Story for the First Time

Posted by broken.in.silence. , 09 October 2011 · 68 views

Today I told my story for the first time, the full story. It feels so weird. I'm relieved, and happy but at the same time I feel so...odd. I feel like I left a piece of my heart in that story; a decayed, dark piece of my heart. Is this what healing feels like?

Photo
Hope2BThriver
Oct 10 2011 12:05 AM
"Is this what healing feels like?"< yeah, deffinately but only a small part of it my dear. there are ups and downs but the first step is monumental.Congratulations!
I had the same feeling when I told my story for the first time. When we let it out it is the beginning of healing and finding ourselves. It takes time and work, but you have taken a big step.

July 2015

S M T W T F S
   1 2 34

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.