Photo

Trying to embrace the beauty in hope

Posted by Irishleo , 29 June 2012 · 60 views

Sometimes it seems like hope is all I really have. Hope for a better life, a life filled with love and peace. Some days I nearly give in to the darkness of hopelessness, but other days, like today, I feel closer to the light. My life is extremely challenging right now, on every level, but I'm trying to believe that there is a purpose in it. An opportunity if you will, for my soul to grow and overcome.

There is beauty in being broken, but not destroyed. Many of us here are broken and fractured, but perhaps as we work towards mending ourselves we can become even more beautiful than we were before.

So I will continue to hold tight to my hope that life will get better. I won't allow my heart to stay broken forever. And I won't give up, no matter how bleak things look.

Just two more days until I face my attacker after so many years...

I will be thinking of you as you face your attacker, you have much courage.

I see the beauty in your hope. When the past has been painful and abusive I believe it takes creativity to imagine a better future. Your hope is a very personal thing, it is your vision of how you want your life to be. I am glad you feel able to hold on to it even though it may be hard to see in the darkness.

WildRoses
thinking of ya also. hold on to that hope.. it will get ya thru. Always here to listen.

Hang in there.
tre

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.