Photo

Just found out I will see my abuser in less than two weeks for the first time

Posted by Irishleo , 20 June 2012 · 50 views

I found out today that in the beginning of July there is going to be an important family party that everyone is expected to attend (including extended family), which means I am going to come face to face with my uncle for the first time since I recovered my memories of him abusing me. I hadn't though I would see him until Christmas but now it's only going to be less than two weeks before we come face to face.

I'm nervous, but there is also a part of me that is soooo looking forward to it. I don't know yet if I will confront him (if we end up in a room or hallway alone at some point that is) or what I would even say, but I am relieved in a way that the time has nearly come. I won't make a big scene and ruin the day for everyone else, but I'm ready to stand up for the little child I was when he hurt me and my sister. (and my sister will be in attendence too)

I don't expect him to feel bad, but I at least need to get some of it off my chest. I'd never accept an apology from him even if he gave one, which I know he wouldn't. But confronting him is something I NEED to do. Now I just have to try to figure out what to say to a person as depraved as him. I don't think he would respond to either sadness or anger on my part in any productive way, but perhaps if I were to mock him in disgust for needing to mess around with little kids instead grown ups... I don't know. Anyway, I have a little more time to figure it out before I see him.

Good for you! I never got the opportunity to confront my stepfather. I thought about it before he died, but never went and now I wish I had. I hope you get what you need.
Nee- You are very kind. When the memories first returned I was afraid. but I've had some time to come to terms with what happened so now I feel ready to confront him. But who knows, maybe I will feel different once I'm in his presence, we'll see. Thank you for your supportive comment.
thisisjay- I'm sorry you never got to confront your stepfather, but hopefully you can at least take comfort in knowing that since he's passed away he can't escape justice in the afterlife. Thanks for your comment, it is much appreciated.

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.