Photo

Make us stronger?

Posted by Irishleo , 30 September 2011 · 39 views

They say that adversity gives us the opportunity to grow, and that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. But does it really? When I look back at the abuse I went through, and the long term damage it has done to my life in so many areas, I don't feel it has made me stronger. It has made me weaker. I still carry on, as we all do, but I don't believe I am the person I would have been if I hadn't been molested. As hard as I try, I cannot erase what happened, or change the person I was molded to be because of it. It's not fair.

I feel like an angry child inside, struggling to express my emotions. That was MY body, no one had any right to violate it. Why don't abusers understand that when they assault someone that even after the physical wounds heal, the mental, emotional, and psychological ones don't? How can they be so cruel, simply to satisfy some sick sexual urge? I don't understand.

you're not alone my friend, i can relate :hug: :hug: :hug:

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.