Irishleo's Blog

Photo

I was the perfect victim

Posted by Irishleo , 03 September 2014 · 42 views

From my earliest memories in life, all I ever wanted was to be loved. I was always eager to please, willing to do anything to make people happy. I was so grateful for even the slightest attention paid to me. Any smile or kind word would light up my heart and fill me with such happiness. My trusting and loving personality, combined with the fact that no on...

Photo

I can't bear it

Posted by Irishleo , 06 August 2014 · 46 views

I have only three days left until he leaves. Once he goes, he is lost to me forever. We filed the divorce papers with the court today, in only a few months our life together will be over. Thousands of miles will separate us, and there is little I can do about it.

I cried so much today, and all I wanted was for him to hold me. But he didn't and I ca...

Photo

screaming in despair (possible trigger warning)

Posted by Irishleo , 05 August 2014 · 44 views

We had another divorce attorney appointment today. We've finished mediation and begun the process of official filing. My heart is screaming in agony, surely I can't live with this much pain inside? My soul is being torn apart, I don't want any of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I'm trapped in a hell of my own making, and now I can't get out. I kee...

Photo

When love dies

Posted by Irishleo , 01 August 2014 · 64 views

My soon to be ex husband is in town for the first time in a year, and so far it's been terrible. He's come now so that we can begin the divorce, and to visit our daughter. I'd hoped we could be friendly, at least for our daughter's sake but so far that isn't really happening. He is coldly civil, but his dislike of me is so obvious that even our daughter n...

Photo

Fate or free will?

Posted by Irishleo , 17 July 2014 · 64 views

Is falling in love an act of fate or free will? When I fell in love with my husband it wasn't love at first sight.I found him handsome and we had chemistry, but love didn't happen instantly. I'd been hurt so many times in the past, and it took me awhile before I could trust him. But he won me over with his charming personality. I'd finally found the man o...

Photo

Despair

Posted by Irishleo , 10 July 2014 · 35 views

I'm in the worst depression of my life. It's like everything requires too much effort. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I've had insomnia for weeks now, and it's really making me feel like I'm walking around in a fog. Even the act of breathing seems like too much exertion. I don't want to shower, or brush my hair. I can't even make myself put on any makeup. I...

Photo

Wash me away

Posted by Irishleo , 08 July 2014 · 37 views

I can't deal with my divorce, it's tearing me apart. I'm the only person I know of that is getting a divorce when both people are still in love with the other one. How do I let go of my soul mate and the other half of my soul? Why can't I just sacrifice what needs to be sacrificed in order to be with him? I hate myself so much for my indecisiveness and th...

Photo

My mother still refuses to believe me

Posted by Irishleo , 15 June 2014 · 60 views

I had an unpleasant conversation with my mother today about my abuser. One of my sisters wanted to take my 7 year old daughter over to my paternal grandfather's house but I wouldn't let her (I knew my abuser would be there, as he is my uncle). This led to yet another argument between my mom, oldest sister, and I. They both refuse to believe that me and my...

Photo

Disappointed

Posted by Irishleo , 12 May 2014 · 48 views

Yesterday I met up with one of my oldest friends. It should have been fun, but instead it was awful. All I wanted was to spend mother's day with my mother and daughter, but my friend recently had a falling out with her own mother and was alone so when she asked me if we could spend some time together on mother's day I felt like it was the right thing to d...

Photo

Small details coming back to me... (minor trigger warning)

Posted by Irishleo , 10 March 2014 · 55 views

I was laying in bed just now trying to sleep when a random memory came back to me. At the time I was 9 years old, and the abuse had been going on for about four years already. I remembered making the decision to never go to the bathroom again. By nighttime though I wet the bed in my sleep, and I realized I couldn't hold that in forever. But I felt that I...

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.