Photo

Posted by BrightNight , 15 June 2012 · 77 views

My main abuser was my brother from my earliest memories until about the age of 13. My mother doesn't know about this because it would kill her. Today she told me that my brother was in the hospital because he had a heart attack. I don't care. I feel like I should because he's my brother, but instead I was blank. I faked concern for my mother's sake, but I don't care if he lives or dies. I hate him. Basically, I feel bad because I don't feel bad. Kind of like my feelings toward my biological father. He beat and molested me as a child, although I don't really remember the sexual abuse much. I grieve because I'll never have that father daughter relationship or little sister big brother relationship, but beyond that, I hate them. I feel like I'm a horrible person for feeling this way. I either feel anger toward them or sadness and disgust with myself before I shut down completely. I feel awful because I try to be a good person who doesn't hold grudges, but I can't change toward them. I feel like I'm a monster too.

Source: My attacker had a heart attack today...conflicted

July 2016

S M T W T F S
2425 26 27282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.