Photo

"Sexual Abuse Doesn't Have To Ruin Your Life♥"

Posted by *Danielle1990* , 24 July 2011 · 66 views

"Sexual Abuse Doesn't Have To Ruin Your Life♥"

I used to think that something was wrong with me, but I've realized that I'm not normal, but I am unique & although I have had some rough times, everyone does. I am trying everyday to get stronger, and not let the things you do or say to people interfere with my life, because I'm NOT letting you hurt me anymore. I am not living my life for you, but I AM going to prove to you and everyone else that you can't break me anymore, you did that before, but it's only made me stronger.
I may have my difficult days, but I have people that I can talk to that have gone through some of the same things that I do everyday when something makes me think of you, or if I smell a certain smell, I may think of something I could do to make it all go away, and just make my life go away, but then I realize once again that I'm not living my life to let you and your family watch me crumble to the ground. I crumbled once, and I'm not planning on doing that again, although I could have a relapse and it could happen again, but like I said I'm getting stronger everyday and I'm not going to let you make a fool of me because of what you did to me and what you let her to do me. I cannot let that ruin my life anymore. I am going to live to tell my story, and live to help other people with theirs.

"Though I can't change what happened, I can choose how to react. And I don't want to spend the rest of my life being bitter and locked up.♥"

July 2014

S M T W T F S
20212223 24 2526

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.