Ready for the black and white?

Photo

Still so confused by my father right now

Posted by might4right , 07 March 2012 · 28 views

I am trying so hard to connect his logic and I just can't figure it out. In the same conversation he questioned if the abuse ever even happened but then also stated I should just forgive everything and move on and stop dwelling on it.

Well...which is it??? Did it never happen (and I am therefore a nutjob) or did it happen and I should forgive and...

Photo

Dear Dad,

Posted by might4right , 05 March 2012 · 32 views

I wish we were not having such trouble communicating with each other. At this point in my healing it is very important that I express certain feelings and that those feelings are heard by the people that matter most to me. It is important to me right now that I express my feelings so that you and Mom understand how the abuse affected me then and continu...

Photo

Dad tried to talk...

Posted by might4right , 03 March 2012 · 35 views

This is repeated from a forum post:

So my father just called me to set up a sitdown with me. Told me he just want to help ME. I told him I would not discuss the situation unless we were infront of my pastor or my therapist and he said whatever I needed because "You are in charge". ((OMG...I wanted to vomit...) I could tell by his voice that h...

Photo

Mom reached out

Posted by might4right , 28 February 2012 · 32 views

My mom finally reached out today and called me after the fiasco on Saturday.

Found out that my dad already knew what he was going to say before I even showed up. I had let my mom know the general idea behind my visit. To FINALLY express to both parents how extremly deep the wounds are regarding the abuse and how difficult it is for me to see them conti...

Photo

Becoming STRONGER by the day!

Posted by might4right , 27 February 2012 · 24 views

The more time that goes by after my confrontation with my father on Sat, the stronger I feel. This is the second day in a row I have had NO ANXIETY...GONE!!!!

I now see that I HAVE to do what I NEED to heal without regard on how that will affect others. They will have to make decisions about their own life.

But one thing is clear...I w...

Photo

What felt like the ultimate betrayal

Posted by might4right , 26 February 2012 · 33 views

This is repeated from my forum posting because I also wanted this in my blog.

So I approached my parents yesterday to attempt a heart to heart talk. They are already aware of the abuse and had been handling everything pretty well and were always open and empathetic. (until now) I started by reading an article to them to help them understand the serio...

Photo

Having another talk with my parents

Posted by might4right , 25 February 2012 · 28 views

Going to speak to my parents today. I will be sharing with them what I have been going through for a while now. Letting them know that their willingness to continuing a relationship with him (my abuser older brother) and to continuing not talking about and pretending like it never happened is VERY hurtful to me. It is exactley how they handled all the...

Photo

Can't seem to hold it back.

Posted by might4right , 22 February 2012 · 25 views

The anxiety seems to continue building at this point. Hard to determine because I always feel on edge the last two days before my next T appt. Don't know if it is fear of the appt or I can't wait until it is time for the appt. I just feel so edgy to today and ready to jump out of my skin. Part of it knowing my parents want me to go to church t...

Photo

My daughters words of strength

Posted by might4right , 21 February 2012 · 25 views

So my daughter walked into the computer room last night as I was finishing a post on a forum here. It was difficult to write and when I finished it I was sobbing and she saw me. I tried to pull it together because it was my turn to put her to bed. I sucked it up and helped her brush her hair and tucked her in. We said our prayers and I went to hug her...

Photo

Angry at his manipulation

Posted by might4right , 14 February 2012 · 28 views

So when confronted by my younger brother, my older brother denied the abuse. Then he cut off all communication with my brother and parents for several months. Of course my parents were heartbroken and VERY concerned about him. After several months he finally started returning their calls. But of course NO ONE discusses "the situation" so once...

January 2015

S M T W T F S
252627282930 31

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.