Transitions

Photo

tired

Posted by chelirach , 22 February 2012 · 64 views

I am tired. Mostly just emotionally tired. At this point I really wish I could just quit therapy. I wish I could just quit it all. It angers me that quitting is not even really an option, I am required to be in therapy as part of my training program. I am just tired of all of it.

I don't feel safe, I don't trust, I feel like I have lost something...

Photo

burn out

Posted by chelirach , 31 January 2012 · 62 views

I am feeling burnt out completely. I have no idea what I need to get out of it. I wish I had time to take time, but I don't. It is the way I have made things. It is not as if there is actually another choice in the matter. I am stuck where I am at the moment, and of course it is all my doing. I don't have any idea how to deal with this. I am comp...

Photo

Fire

Posted by chelirach , 29 January 2012 · 45 views

I find myself suddenly overwhelmed with new memories. New details that complete things, give more finality and understanding to parts of my story previously dark and ambiguous. I am finding this overwhelming and am resisting the urge to just curl up under the covers for days. Not that I even have the option to do this, even if I could not resist. But it d...

Photo

reality?

Posted by chelirach , 27 January 2012 · 36 views

It is funny how quickly I dismiss the bad side of my parents in favor of the good. I convince myself those things were not really that bad, I really do actually have decent parents. I assume I must be making it up, I am exaggerating, I am making it out to be much worse then it is. Or I am just making it all up. I had a happy childhood and good parents....

Photo

All over the place

Posted by chelirach , 25 January 2012 · 37 views

There is so much in my head right now, I am overwhelmed by everything that is hitting me at the moment. And yet, somehow thinking of something to type is difficult. What is in my head will not form into words, I am struggling with verbalizing it. I think my tendency is to become overly analytical, analyzing myself in a clinical and professional way, using...

Photo

In the middle

Posted by chelirach , 19 January 2012 · 48 views

At the moment I feel stuck. I feel in a place of potential, a place of transition, but am resisting the change. I am resisting the new, because of what continues to be attached to it, the feelings, the thoughts, the beliefs etc. It is not all conscious resisting, much of it I know is out of my control. The result is I do nothing.

I find myself at times...

Photo

Memory

Posted by chelirach , 26 December 2011 · 44 views

I wish I could watch a movie of my childhood. I wish I could just see everything, see what happened, see it all, and know.

Rarely do I doubt anymore, rarely do I convince myself I am lying. But it still happens, the occasional moment where I convince myself I made it all up, I have to of, I am just a crazy liar.

I read something tonight that said if y...

Photo

Depression/Anger

Posted by chelirach , 22 December 2011 · 33 views

I find that I tend to be one or the other, either depressed or irritable and angry. I can understand it, rationally, they are in many ways the flip side of the other, one is internalizing, one is externalizing. But what my art showed me is how often I am one or the other. Really it is a constant thing, I am just so used to it, I hardly notice

Today I hav...

Photo

Missing

Posted by chelirach , 21 December 2011 · 37 views

Six months later I still miss my old therapist. Not as badly as I used to, the pain is not nearly as deep, but the longing is still there. Usually when I am really struggling, or coming out of an intense session with my new therapist. What I miss is the comfort. Her ability to just make me feel better. Her words, her voice, her love, her compassion. She w...

Photo

Perseverating nothingness

Posted by chelirach , 20 December 2011 · 38 views

I perseverate about what I cannot say. About nothing really because I do not know what it is that I cannot say. It just feels like there is something, something to say, something to express, something to get out. But it does not come because I do not know what it is. I go to therapy, and we talk, we go deep as it gets, and I still leave feeling this feel...

October 2014

S M T W T F S
19202122 23 2425

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.