Photo

frustration

Posted by chelirach , 17 January 2013 · 110 views

I feel incapable and useless at the moment, frustrated with myself. I waste hours of time when I have tons of things to do but I cannot seem to get things done. It is lie I am paralyzed and time flies by and I am not even certain where it goes.

There is so much I want to get out, but I can't, the thoughts in my head will not form into words that I can speak or write. I am just stuck in the circle of memories with no place to put them

I know of what you speak more or less have the same experience, and with the added bonus of not even being aware. Being stuck is a defense I suppose and came in handy at the time but has outlived it usefulness to the point of being detrimental not to mention frustrating !
I invented a little trick, where hard as it may be and contrary to everything in my body and soul, I make a move. Strike out with some small action, some intention while trying to stay conscious throughout. The helplessness and powerlessness still alive and well in me, and it breaks my heart to experience it now. A relic from the past, a way of being that was inflicted on my psyche as a child. How to unlearn this stuff... how to convince your unconscious once and for all that you are safe now.

Wow, I didn't know I was going to write all that stuff just now.

Anyway, it's an idea, the point is I can relate to what you have written. Take care.
Photo
Untangling-It-All
Jan 22 2013 07:50 PM
I wish I had something helpful to say to help with this. I hope you can become unstuck soon.

August 2014

S M T W T F S
      1 2

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

• Photo
    Thoughts
    stealing_wonderland - May 12 2014 01:49 AM
  • Photo
    Thoughts
    missophelia - Jan 24 2014 08:11 PM
  • Photo
    Thoughts
    penultimateplatypus - Jan 24 2014 08:29 AM
  • Photo
    Thoughts
    Susan - Jan 23 2014 11:27 PM
  • Photo
    frustration
    Untangling-It-All - Jan 22 2013 07:50 PM

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.