Photo

'I feel pretty, I feel pretty, I feel pretty - and witty - and gay!'

Posted by bambi86 , 24 January 2012 · 61 views

Poll: Do you feel pretty? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you taking care of yourself physically?

1. Yes (0 votes [0%])

Percentage of vote: 0%

2. No (0 votes [0%])

3. I will again one day, just not right now (0 votes [0%])

4. when i can (0 votes [0%])

5. I'm getting there :) (1 votes [100%])

Percentage of vote: 100%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Don't mind the header it's taken from that old song 'I Feel Pretty'. :)

Well I do feel pretty - I've gained weight over the last 6 months but nonetheless I have regained a sparkle in my eyes, colour in my cheeks and just started exercising again.

I realise now that, feeling good (for me) is no longer dependant on the external. When I was a teenager - to a point, it was. My image would determine the esteem I allowed myself to have. now, it is the reverse. my inner pysche is the compass. And it is much, much healthier :)

It goes without saying that healing is a process and an all encompassing one at that. stripped bare we re-learn the steps of life and the dances of relationships -albeit with ourselves, others, intimately or within a work environment.

I look forward to getting fit - for the benefits of my mind and also to feel sexy again. Feeling sexy might be a little daunting at first - but for now the idea is illustrious.

i am single -

I moved again in the city (safer, nicer, cleaner house)

i still work for the same company and i admit i dont like my job! there are a few bullies in this company and I feel ready for something quiet, peaceful and feminine. I honestly wouldnt mind working in a library or beauticians for a bit. just something straight forward and in a relaxing environment :)

I still stick up for myself when 'friends' push boundaries - sometimes they run back and say sorry, other times they go. either way - its me first. im proud of that :)

Im going to New York in March - im proud of that too :)

mostly - aside from the rape and even before that all i wanted to do is become a published author - and that is still my goal. now more than ever, i know who i am and what i want - and it feels bloody fantastic :)

share how far you have come below!

Love Abby xo :yahoo:

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.