Photo

Something New

Posted by YoursTruly , 21 July 2011 · 31 views

Itís been a minute since Iíve last updated this thing. But mainly it wasnít because I didnít have anything to say, I just didnít know how to say it. Then I had a conversation with someone that surprised me with insight into the things I overlook.

I have a hard time accepting myself. This I admit to because, for me, itís one of those things where I have an idea of who I am (and in all actuality I do think I already know who I am), but Iím not ready to own who I am. Like on websites like Facebook and Pandyís I donít use my name. I donít own it. I barely do in real life either. And thatís because I feel like there is a barrier between who I am now and who I want to be that is my actual name and I havenít earned the privilege to be just my name.

Part of that reason is because I act like a chameleon in real life sometimes. In my past it was so easy for me to people please and simply change gears in terms of attitude, demeanor and language because a lot of what is my personality others simply wanted the extremes of it. It wasnít unless what people wanted from me was so farfetched I told them to go get bent. Now it is much easier to tell people to go get bent because I donít want to waste my time back peddling into things I know will only upset me. However, I do still have a handful of people that remind me of that old life and I havenít quite found the strength to tell them to get lost too, although I think in the immediate future that wonít be that hard to do.

Lastly, to own my name means I also have to accept who I am in my own skin. I have to own my body and love and cherish it for all that itís been through and all it could ever go through in the future. Lately I have been real detached from my body. Not to say that I have a negative body image, itís just that sometimes I feel like my body isnít my body and it goes beyond just my abuse but also to the fact that I feel like throughout most of my life people have treated me like a doll and expected to look and dress a certain way and do certain things to please them and never have I had an original thought about what I would like for me to look or do and I am sorting out now exactly how Iíd like to dress.

I think through that conversation I found my next goals that I was looking for that I referred to a few entries ago. I want to tackle those issues and concerns next. My only reservation about going after those things is that I sort of got falcon punched with the news that my T is getting ready to transfer to another facility and I am going to have to start over someone else. It kind of stings a little bit because she was the second T Iíve had and she was key in my recovery. I know I could probably get through the new goals I set for myself, but before I go head first into anything I think I want the comfort of knowing that once I get reestablished with a new T that I have the safety net of someone that could be my full support if I need it.

June 2016

S M T W T F S
26 27282930  

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.