Photo

For Me

Posted by YoursTruly , 30 June 2011 · 17 views

Today I decided to take a day off from everything. I took the day off from being tired, I took a day off from strenuous work, I took a day off from conscious thought of my past and basically anything else that was causing me stress lately. I slept in, did some light work, updated my resume for a potential new job opportunity and spent the majority of today relaxing. After hanging out with a friend yesterday I realized that I've been everywhere and nowhere at the same time doing stuff for other people and nothing worth much significance for myself.

I probably would have enjoyed the day better if I could have gone outside my house to enjoy the summer weather, but I diffidently am not complaining about my "me" day at all! For the first time in weeks I felt like I've gotten some sleep, I feel like I have made some progress in some of my real life projects and that I've actually made time to catch up with a few friends that I've felt like I've neglected (after I took sometime to enjoy some of my personal satisfying time).

I think it is funny how I came to the realization that I always complain about how other people don't take notice of me of when I am tired or slightly off mentally and yet I do the same thing. I think taking this day off marks the first day that I will treat myself better so that others may know how they are expected to treat me too.

November 2014

S M T W T F S

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.