Photo

Black mark (sensitive matter)

Posted by canadiangirl92 , 27 March 2013 · 24 views

I had been doing well, until this past friday (March 22/13)...

I had gone out for wings and beer to watch a hockey game and celebrate a friends birthday. All was going excellent until a "friend" (I no longer wish to speak, hear of, or see him again) showed up. It had been a year since I had seen him last and was happy to see him, I jokingly asked if he had disappeared since I had not seen him for a while. He did not take it lightly apparently. When I got up to go the bathroom and walked past him he said to me "Try not to NOT get raped in the bathroom"...

Yes I know, shocking, horrifying, disgusting, I could go on and on and on. A person who I had considered a friend told me to try and get raped while going pee. Granted he does not know about my past and about what M had done to me, but that is no excuse to tell someone to try and get raped! It has been almost a week now and it has gotten under my skin.

When I look in the mirror, I see what M did to me. I see that little, what I call, black mark everyday. I do NOT need a reminder of it. It has brought up a lot of old feelings and emotions. I feel like someone has peeled back a scab, and although the wound is almost completely healed, there is still that raw flesh exposed. And it hurts. It hurts a lot.

It has been almost 3 years, and I thought I had moved on.

I still remain optimistic that I am a survivor and not a victim. I do not need people to pity me, I need people to make a change in our world. We need people to realize it is not about teaching us how to avoid being assaulted, it is the others who need to be informed that rape is NEVER tolerated, that it is NEVER a joke.

G.A.R

Hi I had almost the same experience. We were talking about black Friday (wear black to show support against rape) and the statistics of rape. My supervisor said weel why does it not happen to any of us if the statistics is high. I couldn't believe said that. Yes she doesn't know but how can anybody joke about this. :hug:/> if ok
Photo
canadiangirl92
Mar 28 2013 07:43 AM
:hug: thank you

December 2014

S M T W T F S
212223242526 27

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.