Photo

looking back

Posted by canadiangirl92 , 25 April 2011 · 11 views

So today i was talking with a very good friend of mine (I'll call him "B") today, and I was telling him about my one passion in life, dance. I was explaining to B that dance is the one outlet I have when there seems like there's no one to listen, and that when I am up on stage the stupid shit that goes on in my life doesn't exist anymore. I told him dance is the one thing that no one person in the world can take from me.

Then it hit me like a brick wall, my ex did take so much away from me, but he failed to take my passion. :)

I guess this entry is really just to say there is that one thing that no person can take from you, and I held on to that and now I'm starting to regain my confidence again and I am almost to the point where I can admit I am happy with who I am (of course I'm still working on that).

"B" told me today: Don't worry about others, take care of yourself first.

And I completely agree. I wouldn't have been able to join a blog like this and tell others what happened to me and to help contribute if I didn't get help and if I didn't take care of myself first! I guess when it comes down to these situations we're aloud to be selfish, right?

<3
G.A.R

November 2014

S M T W T F S
2324 25 26272829

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.