Photo

letters unsent

Posted by anji13 , 25 February 2012 · 28 views

Dear old friend,

I haven't written when I should have. There hasn't been energy and mostly I must admit, to my own shame, that I don't think it matters any more. Not many things do these recent months. Part of me used to recognize when I was in trouble. But it seems that section of my self-awareness is now vacant.

Its hard to explain. Put into words that make any sense to the sane.

Its like my body is walking down the hallway of an abandoned hospital that the world has forgotten. The other patients are gone. I am the ghost left behind. And its been so long I've forgotten how warmth feels. This world of mine...these barren dead hallways are just icy histories no one recorded.

Every day I ache.
I linger in some suspension where I dangle for the world's eyes to see. Naked. Scars showing. Just on display.

Only thing worse than being exposed is no one noticing.

Days pass without anything raising a care in my soul. Sometimes I wonder how I make it each night. How I step out of my bed and into a world that lacks any sort of compassion. This world cares nothing for anyone. And the people in it suffer the worse sense of apathy. Once I was worried about that.

Now I am just another mention. Another reflection in crowded elevators. Another particle without meaning.

Dear old friend, we cared so much for another once but even those memories can not save me when I'm searching for hope in the blackness. When I shiver in the endless cold night, there is no warmth.

How will this end?
Can you help me?

I am so sorry for all your pain and feelings of aloneness. I hope you see a bright light soon that leads you to all the good things life has to offer.

You are not alone. There are many here willing to listen and give comfort and feel as you do. Blessings

February 2015

S M T W T F S
2223242526 27 28

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

• Photo
    adrift
    Nevetuli - Mar 25 2013 04:59 AM
  • Photo
    powerless
    anji13 - Nov 09 2012 08:56 PM
  • Photo
    powerless
    Irishleo - Nov 06 2012 03:39 PM
  • Photo
    low day
    anji13 - Oct 21 2012 05:48 PM
  • Photo
    low day
    blondie2002 - Oct 19 2012 01:13 PM

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.