Photo

I overcame

Posted by rallying_defenses , 01 November 2012 · 6 views

Apparently I haven't written a blog since September of last year. I have to say that the end of last year really beat me down. I was finally formally diagnosed with ptsd after so many years of not so fitting diagnoses after I landed myself in the hospital again. I was pushed to my limit in therapy, contemplated suicide for what I hope was the last time, and quit therapy in as civil a way as I could manage. It was one of the lowest points in my life.

But, I applied to a new university and was accepted. The new year came and I made a new year's resolution to get to confession and return to my church. I felt like a new person. I was filled with such peace on most of those january days. I was eager to begin school again. That semester I earned top-notch grades and discovered my appreciation for my education. I began to see a future for me! I started to believe in myself! In June I started attending a weekend bible study. I met the man of my dreams :rolleyes: and we have become a very strong couple hoping for a future together.

I realized that none of this could be possible by my own strength. As a Christian I have learned that total trust in God's power has given me the courage to face anything! It has enabled me to do things that I once believed were impossible!

Now I rarely look to the past and let it get me down. I do accept everything that I went through. The SA memories are still there but I'm not afraid anymore. I know that all the negative feelings associated with them are unnecessary and I don't need to feed them. And every day is a work in progress. I know that I now have a lot to live for.

But I'm here on pandy's because I still have my weak moments. I still have fears and insecurities and it helps to know that I'm not alone. Life's too short to be living it in pain. I'm still working on my healing, and I will never give up on myself.

October 2014

S M T W T F S
1920 21 22232425

Recent Entries

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.