Photo

Trying to find my self confidence!

Posted by lissadawn , 07 April 2011 · 62 views

So all of my life I have had no self confidence. According to my mother I could never do anything right, my grandmother always compared me to other people and asked why I couldn't be more like the "perfect" kids and every man in my life wanted only one thing from me.
I have made a decision to follow the dream that I had when I graduated high school.
I want to get my psychology degree!
Since I was young all I've ever wanted to do was help people through their trials. Now that I have,for the most part, found my way through the hardest thing I've ever faced in my life, all I want to do is to help women through their personal hells.
So I have found a program and can start classes in July.....
Now I'm so unsure! I'm trying so hard to keep the voices from my past out of my head.
"You're gonna fail. You're gonna quit half way through. You do everything half assed."
The only thing that makes this different this time is it's MY choice! This is what I've ALWAYS wanted!

July 2015

S M T W T F S
   1 2 34

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.