Photo

Life Goals

Posted by loveinflames , 26 October 2011 · 95 views

About nine months ago I was feeling really stuck in a stagnant depression. I was becoming seriously suicidal, as it seem that I often do, and I sat down at the kitchen table and made a list of what it would take for this whole struggle to be worth it for me, basically where I want to be at the end of all this healing crap.

It looks like I am still depressed, and I have become suicidal again. I was emptying a shelf of my bookcase and I found the list, so I would like to share it here. I have been trying to work towards these things, I really have, but I seem to be about in the same place as I was nine months ago. It really has been a waste of a year, I feel.

Anyways, these are this is what I would like my life to look like, and I hope that being more mindful of my goals will make it easier to find them:

1. I want to grow intellectually for the entirety of my life
2. I want to raise, or contribute to the raising of emotionally intelligent, critically thinking, passionate children
3. I want to have intimate friendships
4. I want to write at least one thing of publishable quality
5. I want to learn to feel okay in my body and learn to feel okay in the present moment
6. I want to live in an aesthetically pleasing and peaceful
environment
7. I want to keep my body in healthy and good condition
8. I want to have a career which I find fulfilling to my personality and natural talents which contributes to society
9. I want to be financially stable
10. I want to overcome my PTSD symptoms
11. have a place to call home

I love these goals so much. Strength & love.
Photo
MaybeJoleisa
Oct 28 2011 02:41 AM
Great goals.... and big ones. Try not to feel too bad that you have not made progress that you can see on the surface, in the space of nine months. Most of these are goals for a lifetime, not goals for a year.

July 2014

S M T W T F S
20212223 24 2526

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.