No All Bad or All Good People

Photo

My analysis as a survivor on Frozen's Let it Go song

Posted by why233 , 25 March 2014 · 438 views

I think I've read most of the analyses online of the song "Let it Go" in Disney's Frozen.  I absolutely love both the song and this movie, and so I think it is about time that I offer my take on this song as a rape survivor.

"The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation,
And it looks like I...

Photo

The negative coping mechanisms... (do not read if you will easily T, mention of the words ED,SI,drugs,alcohol)

Posted by why233 , 07 November 2013 · 523 views

About a year or more ago, I told my story to some seniors at their retreat at my alma mater high school.  I wanted to tell my story for two reasons: first, I wanted to see if I actually could do it, as it was the first time I would be telling it in full and to a group of strangers.  And second, I wanted to tell it in hopes that it might help so...

Photo

It is just one of those days...

Posted by why233 , 06 February 2012 · 185 views

ts days like this when I miss so many people, and mourn so much.

Wolfie, aka Pete… miss ya bunches buddy, even though we were only online friends, you helped me through a lot, gave it your all, even when you were struggling a great deal… I hope you are at peace now, but I wish you could see just how much you’re missed and loved… RIP buddy <3

Leigh…...

Photo

It is just one of those days...

Posted by why233 , 06 February 2012 · 157 views

ts days like this when I miss so many people, and mourn so much.

Wolfie, aka Pete… miss ya bunches buddy, even though we were only online friends, you helped me through a lot, gave it your all, even when you were struggling a great deal… I hope you are at peace now, but I wish you could see just how much you’re missed and loved… RIP buddy <3

Leigh…...

Photo

Career Change of Plans

Posted by why233 , 10 June 2011 · 163 views

Got a new part-time job and I have been working rediculous hours… the beauty of being a waitress. So anyway, my career plans have changed for some time now. I graduated with a degree in biology, but I really don’t want anything to do with that now. And whether it is because of all of this stuff I have been going through, or because I now understand wha...

Photo

Thoughts on...

Posted by why233 , 01 March 2011 · 160 views

:trigger: :trigger:

Suicide. Not on contemplating it, just the act alone. I was raised believing that suicide was a huge sin, but now, I am not so sure. Maybe it is because I have contemplated it before, many years ago, even before any of this SA or Rape happened. But I don't think of it as something that makes people "bad." Maybe that...

Photo

Not all bad people are bad...or are they?

Posted by why233 , 01 March 2011 · 130 views

So with "good" flashbacks/memories that I get ocassionally about my perpentrator, and along with seeing the world a little bit differently than I used to, I started to redefine who I think a "bad" person is. I started thinking that bad people are rapists, murderers, kidnappers, assaultants, and robbers. But then I started thinking that i...

June 2016

S M T W T F S
26 27 282930  

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.