Photo

Many memories, many blocks.

Posted by AmandaM , 11 April 2011 · 5 views

I can't sleep again. I'm scared of what happens when I lay down and close my eyes and the crying starts and I start to think about things. I keep eating, trying to fill myself up with something other than memories. I've been a survivor for half of my life, and all of my adult life. I don't know how to be anything else. I fight the pain, I give in to the pain, I fight the memories, I give in to the memories, I distract myself, I put myself in danger again, I fall apart and build myself up again, over and over and over. It's getting better, with the help of meds, and a therapist, and a good man. But in the end it's just me, just me and them. I don't want to remember, but my body won't let me forget. Sometimes it's like there crowding up behind a wall I've put up, pounding to get through, and if I let one in they all come tumbling in, while I scream no and try to ground myself. I am here, this is my body, noone can hurt me now, I'm safe, no matter the lies they tell me.

October 2014

S M T W T F S
    1 234

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.