Photo

Jumping Back Into the Abyss

Posted by Matillda , 18 February 2014 · 48 views

I keep trying to find a place to engage on Pandora's Aquarium, but I find it hard to find a place to engage.  It's been a very long time since I logged in, but I am without a therapist right now.  I really need some support.  I realized the other day that I don't know anyone like me.  There is no one in my life that admits to having PTSD. 

I read an article about a group of mothers who were all blind and decided to start a support group for themselves.  I thought, "that sounds wonderful!  I would love to share stories, and support with a group of mom's like myself, who have survived trauma."  Then I got very lonely realizing that I am not likely to find that organically.  Emotional trauma is usually a invisible.  Which makes it very unlikely that I would find myself in a conversation with some who has trauma and is able to say "you have PTSD?  So do I.  Let's be friends."  Not that I want anyone else in the world to be hurting like I am, but I know you guys are out there in the world justy like me.

I found my way back to Pandora's Aquarium while trying to find a local support group.  I'm glad the space is here for us, but I am still feeling very alone.

I hear ya!!! I have often felt so alone and felt the deep need to share with others with ptsd. I still do. And it kinda makes me angry that I and so many others are so terribly alone. We want to talk, to listen, to know we are not alone. But there are no groups for us in my area. There are ptsd groups at the VA but its for combat vets. I have played with the thought of crashing one of their meetings tho! Lol. I love pandy's!!! It is the place i can go....virtually...and vent and share, etc. I am glad you are here too. Reading others' stories and feelings and struggles is vital to my own healing. And i want to tell you that you are not alone. ❤️❤️❤️

I just started a local SIA (Survivors of Incest Anonymous) group. It was amazing to meet other women who have been through what I have been through. I am definitely going back. But I have been looking for a group for years, and I just now found this one. If you are in the USA you can try meetup.com. You can create a group there for whatever topic, and people can sign up for it. Then you schedule meet ups or get togethers with the people of your group. But you are always welcome here at pandys. I know its not the same, but it is something.

Nice to know others are out there are like me.  I too have looked for support groups in my area but keep coming up empty.  I suffer from PTSD, but find no relief in the treatments offered by therapists.  In my opinion, getting together with others of similar traumas is more therapeutic than one-on-one with a psychologist who thinks they know what you are going through, but have no idea.  And if I hear one more say to me "I understand" I will scream!  Unless you are on this side of my eyes, you will never know.  I can empathize with others, but until I climb in your head, I will never know exactly how you feel.  My heart goes out to you, and if it helps, you have a friend in me.  I don't regularly sign on to Pandora's, but I will mark your entry so I can follow.

May 2015

S M T W T F S
171819202122 23

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.