Photo

First OB/GYN Appointment Yesterday

Posted by voice*~* , 06 October 2011 · 111 views

Yesterday had my first appointment at the ob/gyn. I needed to go to get a blood test to find out if I have high testosterone or something that is basically causing me to go through menopause at the age of 17. Terrified is an understatement to what I was. My last Dr.ís appointment at the pediatrician didnít go all too well and it through me for a loop for a few days. My pediatrician is a guy and it made me extremely uncomfortable and I wouldnít let him touch me. My Dr. at the ob/gyn is a woman so that helped in itself, but she was also very understanding. I did not tell her about the CSA because I didnít really see the need. She could tell I was uncomfortable though. She had my mother wait outside and we talked. I had my blood drawn and she put me on birth control to see if it would help. No exam thank God; I still am not even close to being emotionally ready for that. I go back in three months to see if the pills are helping. I wonít be nearly as nervous as yesterday.

Photo
broken.in.silence.
Oct 09 2011 06:44 PM
*hug* I'm proud of you for going through with your appointment! And I am glad that an exam wasn't needed. That's a huge step! :)

December 2014

S M T W T F S
14151617 18 1920

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.