Photo

Moving, a few thoughts.

Posted by etchasketch , 30 January 2012 · 92 views

I'm trying to move to a new city this summer. I have never been so motivated to move on...I think that is good, a sign of progress regarding my anxiety. It's scary though.
The last time I moved to a new city was almost 8 yrs ago. I left my parents house to move to the city, attend art school. I was there for 4 days before I met my most horrific abuser. After months of that situation, I dropped out, finished up at another school across town a few years later, made a lot of friends, got a fantastic job that I still have. Sometimes it's still hard to be here though. Every September I get so horribly triggered, seeing all the college kids flood the city- they all feel so hopeful for their futures. That is how I felt when I went to school, too. I enjoyed a few days of it before I was robbed of my hope and humanity.
But I'm ready, I'm ready to move on finally. I want to move to a new city, try a new life, do some things for myself. If I can get all the financial technicalities to work out I think I am ready. It's scary to get my hopes up but it seems like this could work out...

May 2015

S M T W T F S
242526272829 30

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.