Photo

Getting more comfortable

Posted by DoAnYa323 , 20 November 2010 · 39 views

So I asked my friend from Capoeira, Paul, to hang out again next Sunday. I was super nervous on our first night out, but he seems cool. He reminds me of a really good guy friend of mine.

I like him but can't really see myself with this guy in a relationship though... I mean I wouldn't mind because that would totally help me start to get comfortable with relationships again. I think my personality can aid him too (he told me that the longer he stays in the military, the more of his personality he loses. He's been in for 5 years or so and will be out next year...) I guess I just hope that when he's around me, he can just relax and be himself instead of being the stiff person the military made him.

I'm kinda scared about if he is interested in me, whether or not it would be "fair" for both of us. I don't want to waste anyone's time. At the same time, I'm lonely. I just don't wanna jump into a relationship for the wrong reasons.

I'm sorry for rambling, but these thoughts were just swimming through my mind at the moment.

I am not very good in the relationship department either so I can really give advice, but I can relate. I canít picture myself in a relationship. He sounds like a nice guy. I guess all I can say is take it slow and see where your heart and time takes you.
Thanks I def intend to take this slow if he wants to take it further. Its just scary to me I guess cause this would be my first relationship since after my SA. idk, I feel weird for getting nervous about a relationship

July 2016

S M T W T F S
2425 26 27282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.