Photo

Slowly Finding More Confidence

Posted by DoAnYa323 , 26 September 2010 · 4 views

I'm starting to realize that writing about how I'm feeling, I can better convey what I'm going through to my loved ones. It feels like a huge weight is lifted off of my shoulders every time I do it.

This past weekend I took some huge steps that have made me feel so much better. First, I did some research about what I've been feeling, the healing process for a survivor and resources for secondary survivors for my loved ones and myself. I recommended this wonderful site, but I also let them know how important it was to me for us to heal together.

After that, I felt like doors of confidence had been unlocked so I decided to post my story here. I was very hesitant but it felt good to finally get it out. With that finally out, I felt that it was time I look within myself and deal with at least some of these harsh feelings eating away at me.

I've been steadily writing out each feeling for my therapist for us to discuss. I'm very scared to present this to her because some of these feelings I feel are very embarrassing, scary and, frankly, make me seem like I'm losing my mind, but they need to be discussed. I don't want my life to be run by these feelings any more. So, I don't know how I will approach her with this particular matter, but I know I have to do it. I took the first step in writing it out at least...
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should approach this subject with my T?

May 2015

S M T W T F S
171819202122 23

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.