Photo

Still Here... Just!

Posted by fader , in Mental Health, Personal 15 July 2011 · 168 views

I haven't posted in ages, but I was away from the board for a while after my dad suddenly died at the end of 2010. Naturally, I've been finding it very hard to deal with that on top of everything else - the last six months have been so difficult.

Add to that a useless psychiatrist who - despite his promises - neglected to refer me to the local PTSD clinic and a load of petty, childish ridiculousness from various other people in my life and I'm in a seriously frazzled state!

Fortunately, I do have some very supportive people in my life, but there's only so much they can do (especially as some of them are suffering too), and I did finally get my referral (I'm now on the waiting list, although I've no idea how long that will be!), so the future is looking a little less bleak.

However, it's the now, the present that I'm having difficulties dealing with. How do you cope on a day to day basis? It's that I'm not finding easy. Any advice/suggestions gladly received...

I'm going to try to blog a bit more regularly here, but I may disappear for a while sometimes (I tend to hide when I'm ill and can't cope). I will be back though!

Photo
mybrotherdidit
Jul 15 2011 09:47 AM
I am so sorry about your loss, it makes everything else more difficult I can see that.
The only advise I have is to be here at Pandys, it is so helpful and healing for me.
I have almost given up on my journal but somehow I can actually express myself here on the blog so, maybe that will work for you too. Posted Image
I agree - Pandys helps a lot, especially as everyone here understands how I feel without me having to explain it.

Thank you for the hug, always appreciated!

July 2016

S M T W T F S
2425262728 29 30

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.