Photo

any advice?

Posted by SomebodyLoveMe , 17 August 2014 · 119 views

I start college tomorrow, and frankly, i'm terrified.
if anyone has advice, tips to make life easier or words of encouragement, I wouldn't mind hearing it.
I actually bought dr. suess folders this year for two reasons: one being that you're never too old for dr. suess. the other is that they have cute little quotes that seem like they were meant for me.
one says "today as your day! your mountain is waiting. so...get on your way!"
and the other one says "you're off to great places! you're off and away!"
so those make me smile a little bit.
and my airman is quoting a bunch of dirty heads songs to me.
but i'm still scared. it's a general consensus that i'm the most socially awkward person on planet earth. plus I never went to a conventional high school. I haven't been to any conventional school since I was in the sixth grade, and that was absolute hell.
but my mozzarella cheese and key lime mousse turned out amazing. and after I worked my ass off perfecting macarons, she decided she wanted something different. but i'm not in charge here, so I just have to go with it.
I want to hide under my bed tomorrow. I don't want to go. i'm positive i'll manage to fuck something up.

Photo
barelysurviving
Aug 17 2014 08:50 PM

I am so glad you bought dr. suess folders...that is great.  The sayings made me smile too...thanks! Starting anything new can be scary for sure.  But nothing ventured..nothing gained.  You should be so proud of yourself it is a big step.  I am proud of you!  Please don't hide under bed, there is a whole world out there to see and explore...and I'm thinking you won't see much of it from under your bed.  If something gets f'd up...that is ok...no one is perfect. And most things don't get as f'd up as we think and are totally fixable.  Will pocket ride with you tomorrow if you'd like.  You will be fine...more than fine...you will be great and you will shine. 

take care

barely

Dr. Seuss has some awesome quotes!! I think that is a great start by bringing something with you to remind you that things will be fine. Starting college for me was actually a breathe of fresh air. I met nicer people than I had thought. College, yes, can be difficult (again this is not for everyone) due to classes and balancing with work, etc. However, taking classes that interest you will be a breath of fresh air. It is OKAY and COMMON to be nervous too. It is a huge stepping stone. Think of it as a next chapter of your life. You will do fine :)

You can do it!  Hope you had a great first day. 

I just started college after 20 years!  I take advantage of all their resources (tutor, writing center, etc. ) 

New here and your blog caught my eye. 

Words of wisdom from Dr. Seuss.....

On college in general and tests....."Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."

On social awkwardness....... "Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"

Good Luck!

Photo
SomebodyLoveMe
Aug 18 2014 10:29 AM

thanks everyone(:
it actually went a lot smoother than I had expected.

July 2015

S M T W T F S
   1 2 34

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.