Photo

having a really hard time.

Posted by SomebodyLoveMe , 24 July 2014 · 100 views

so i had a dream about my monster last night, and it's really fucking with me. the longer i'm awake, the more i think about it. the more i think about it, the more vivid it gets. the more vivid it gets, the higher my anxiety gets. i've never had a dream that brought me to tears like this. i'm trying everything to distract myself, but it's just not happening. i took my emergency anxiety meds and they're not working either. i haven't had anxiety this bad in a long time. ):

((SLM)) -- if okay. I am sorry that you went through that. I experienced something similar--a night terror--recently and it freaked me out and I was afraid to get up or sleep the next night. Something that helps me with the anxiety is seeing that it will run it's course and stop. Also, knowing that it is anxiety and cannot kill or just take over you is validating too. As for the racing thoughts, I struggle with those on and off. Lately, I have limit electronics by a certain time and I have started reading prior to bed time. It seems to help, something such as reading a good book/magazine to take the mind away from reality. I hope this helps!

August 2015

S M T W T F S
232425262728 29

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.