Photo

My Birthday

Posted by SomebodyLoveMe , 19 October 2012 · 41 views

So my family planned a big dinner for my 18th birthday. Yesterday morning I felt really sick and ended up throwing up a few times throughout the day. I was convinced my birthday would be shitty, just like the past two had been. So I drag myself to the little restaurant we had reservations at and nothing sounded good. I get there and everyone has cameras or phones or something out. My grandpa said that he forgot the cupcakes and would have my aunt bring them with her. A few minutes later, I hear an all-too familiar voice say "I got the cupcakes." Then my brother comes around the corner in his ABUs with a box of gourment cupcakes. I don't know why I didn't look up, it took me a minute. When I saw him I didn't believe it. Before I knew it, I was on my feet and in his arms crying. It was like something from a movie. A few other people and some staff from the restaurant teared up, too. It was something I'll never forget.

July 2014

S M T W T F S
13 141516171819

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.