Photo

Suggestions?

Posted by SomebodyLoveMe , 11 September 2012 · 33 views

Any suggestions on wording for a detailed but mildly censored essay revolving around my experience with sexual abuse? It's for school so I'm trying to find the happy medium between borderline inappropriate but real and censored enough to be considered appropriate in a school setting. I personally think if I'm being asked to vividly describe an event that left me with an emotional scar that the truth, including all the gruesome, heart-wrenching details, shouldn't be censored for the sake of other people. It's not like I'd be using things in a vulgar manner. Part of the grade is that they want to feel our pain, see what we saw, hear what we heard and experience other sensory details. If you really want to be there, censorship will prevent that. Regardless, I'm just searching for word suggestions and terms to use for mild censorship that still get the point across.

November 2014

S M T W T F S
232425262728 29

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.