Photo

Troubles.

Posted by SomebodyLoveMe , 10 September 2012 · 55 views

In my Essay & Creative Writing class, we recieved an assignment today called 'Scars.' I think it's self explanatory that my teacher wants us to write an essay on a physical or emotional scar that we have. I have several dozen scars from self-mutilation, but I've also come here in search of support for the biggest emotional scar in my life. I'm not big on writing about either of those things because of peer editing. The rough patches in my life aren't everybody's fucking business, so I'm trying to compromise with my teacher...which I think will be less than successful. This isn't going to be an easy assignment for me. Even if I get into my physical scars, it will uproot the extreme emotions that they came from. I teared up when she handed out the paper today, so I know I'll have problems when I get to writing it. I don't see this going very well.

The theres my medication problems. I'm off of 75% of my meds because we don't have the money for them, and that means my emotions have been running freaking wild anyway. Plus, I'm sicker than all hell and the pills I take for that say that you shouldn't take them if you're on meds for depression or psychiatric and emotional conditions. I figure I'm not taking over half of them anyway, so what the hell does it matter?

Homecoming is the 22nd and I can't drive. I'm still relying on my mom...like a loser. A few weeks ago, she and my boyfriend of almost nine months got into this epic fight in his front yard. She won't drive us and he can't drive. His dad has no vehicle, so we'd be relying on his neighbor. For the record, I love his neighbor, she's wonderful. However, we live a while away, so she'd need gas money to run our asses back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. I'm already paying for everything for homecoming, including his outfit, so I don't know if I'll have the money for gas too. They're in a financial rut, so he might not either. This is a little harder than it needs to be, but it's technically my senior year and I'd really rather not miss it. Plus I got my dress and shoes figured out. Only problem with that is that my shoes are strappy heels and I got a tattoo on my foot. If my mom saw it before my 18th birthday next month, she'd shit.

I don't know, I have more on my mind than the capacity of my brain. I just needed to vent.

Photo
Arietta_Sashrady
Sep 10 2012 07:35 PM
For your essay, I would consider making something up. It's not right IMO that you should have to relive real emotional scars for the sake of grades, especially if you're having a rough patch and the teacher is not being understanding. It's none of their business anyway, right? By writing what is essentially a work of fiction you won't have to go through all that. Just a thought.

I hope things get better for you soon.

December 2014

S M T W T F S
141516171819 20

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.